Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance this helps to make a major contribution in preparing young people for opportunities, responsibilities and life experience. It helps young people to make decision and manage transitions both as learners and workers.
Please click on the following link to read Hyde Community Colleges’ CEIAG_Policy_strategy.
CEIAG Provision – At Hyde we have an in-house Careers Adviser who is also the Careers Coordinator based in the Careers Library (Miss Amdurer), she reports directly to Mr Thompson (Assistant Headteacher). Miss Amdurer provides impartial careers advice and guidance that covers all aspects of further education, apprenticeships, training, careers and employability skills. Miss Amdurer will see students for 1:1 interviews and is on hand to support students during and after results day. As well as her role supporting students and parent/carers through their choices, Miss Amdurer organises careers events with 6th Forms, Colleges, Apprenticeship training providers, local businesses, mock interview sessions along with visits to college taster days and universities.
Our ‘Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Policy’ (last updated January 2018 and reviewed annually) provides details of careers provision at Hyde Community College. All students from Year 7 to 11 have direct access to careers guidance via a range of opportunities:
- Careers related lessons
- Personal mentoring and guidance
- Access to independent advice from either our school Positive Steps advisor or School Careers Advisor
- Independent Online resource and guidance: www.fasttomato.com & eCLIPS
- Careers information within the Careers Library.
- Further useful online support is available from the following links:
- https://icould.com/ (Good website to view up to date videos of different job sectors, and labour market information)
- If you want to find out more information about our careers programme or login access details for the online FASTTOMATO resources, please contact Miss Amdurer – Careers (email@example.com) Tel: 0161 366 7533.Our Positive Steps careers adviser is : Rachael Preece who can be contacted by email; RachaelPreece@positive-steps.org.uk, or via Positive Steps on 0161 621 9300. Rachael is in school on a Tuesday and her office is located on the 2nd Floor.
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0161 366 7533
Positive Steps work with Hyde Community College in providing impartial advice and guidance, our linked Careers Adviser works a targeted service inschool once a fortnight. For more information please click on the highlighted URL www.positive-steps.org.uk/ (Local Careers Service).
Inspiring IAG – Hyde Community College is working towards the Inspiring IAG Award (please click on Inspiring IAG code of practice) for further information.